HEAT TRANSFER FLUIDS
Industrial & Energy Heat Transfer Fluids
The Radco XCELTHERM® product line consists of synthetic and hot oil heat transfer fluids designed and manufactured with the most current technology and highest quality raw materials available. All aspects of XCELTHERM® manufacturing and packaging processes are controlled by a stringent ISO 9001 quality program. Backed by a high degree of technical support and service, our heat transfer fluids fit a wide range of needs in petroleum refineries, synthetic fiber plants and other manufacturing environments.
Synthetic Thermal Fluids
- XCELTHERM® MK1 Liquid or vapor phase to 750ºF (400ºC); chemical equivalent to DOWTHERM® A.*
- XCELTHERM® LV1 Liquid or vapor phase to 700ºF (370ºC); biphenyl-free, non-hazardous alternative for high temp fluids with liquid or vapor phase to 700ºF (370ºC).
- XCELTHERM® XT High efficiency heating/cooling fluid with -70ºF to 650ºF range (-57ºC to 345ºC); liquid or vapor phase, 527ºF (275ºC) IPB.
- XCELTHERM® XTE Synthetic heating and cooling for operating temperatures of -70°F to 625°F (-57°C to 329°C), high heat transfer efficiency to reduce operating costs.
- XCELTHERM® HTR Liquid phase to 630ºF (330ºC); odorless high temperature synthetic with an economical price for use over 600ºF; no vapor pressure at rated temperatures.
- XCELTHERM® 500 Heat/cool from –80ºF to 500ºF (-60ºC to 260ºC); non-toxic, odorless and food contact rated; High heat transfer for increased output.
- XCELTHERM® 315 Economical synthetic oil rated to 550ºF (288ºC) with very high resistance to oxidation as well as high resistance to sludge and fouling.
- XCELTHERM® SST High operating temperature of 700°F (370°C) at low pressure; liquid phase heat transfer fluid for demanding applications.
- XCELTHERM® SX800 Silicon based for high thermal stability and oxidative resistance at high operating temperatures up to 750°F (400°C) with a low start-up temperature of under -40°F (-40°C).
- XCELTHERM® TPL Direct replacement for Hydrogenated Terphenyl based heat transfer fluids, chemically equivalent to DowthermTM RP* and Therminol® 66*. Fouling resistant synthetic for low pressure systems operating up to 650°F (345°C).
- XCELTHERM® Marine-S A synthetic HTF specially formulated for use in the marine transportation industry. “Xceltherm® Marine S” has exceptionally high fire and flash points and meets or exceeds the Inland Waterways and U. S. Coast Guard guidelines for fired thermal fluid heaters used in inland waterway transportation of heated materials. This includes bulk material handling barges and other waterway transport applications.
- XCELTHERM® PG Propylene glycol-based, corrosion inhibited, food grade heat transfer fluid for cooling and heating applications. Can be formulated to meet specific system operating temperature requirements.
Hot Oil Heat Transfer Fluids
- XCELTHERM® 600 Premium thermal oil for use up to 600ºF (315ºC) that has a long life, is non-toxic and odorless; food contact rated, NSF (HT1) FDA.
- XCELTHERM® CA Non-toxic, high purity, premium fluid that features superior economy.
- XCELTHERM® CA Plus – Identical to formulation of Xceltherm®CA except improved with Military Grade additives that allow use with copper pipes, superior to anti-corrosion and anti-oxidant formulations.
- XCELTHERM® 445FP High flash point of 445ºF (229ºC) that meets Coast Guard Marine requirements.
- XCELTHERM® HFF High flash point of greater than 440°F (227°C) as measured by Pensky-Martens Closed Cup method (ASTM D93), petroleum based, non-toxic for use up to 600°F (315°C).
- XCELTHERM® DCT A high performing, low cost hot oil heat transfer fluid formulated for the die casting and injection molding industries. Xceltherm® DCT has excellent heat transfer efficiency and an extended operational life due to its inherent thermal stability. For use up to 600°F (315°C).
System Cleaners and Flushing Fluids
- XCELTHERM® CLX System Cleaner One step non-hazardous cleaning agent for systems with fouling and other degradation issues. Restores heat transfer and removes degradation material while running production. Add 15% of the system volume and run for up to one week at up to 550°F for removing carbon and sludge.
- XCELTHERM® TLX System Cleaner “Super” cleaning agent for systems with that require removal of heavily degraded fluid that has caused excessive carbon and sludge. This low temperature cleaning leaves the system with a bare metal finish on internal piping in only one day. Drain, flush and refill the system to return it to full efficiency.
- XCELTHERM® LT A highly compatible flush fluid for wash out of used and degraded fluid from moderately sludged or viscous systems. Highly compatible with petroleum based fluids. Non-hazardous and non-toxic. Economic for full system flush. Production can be run for a week or more before draining.
- XCELTHERM® FF Aromatic solvent for system flush of moderately sludged or viscous systems and eliminates two complete drain and fill operations. Add 20% of the system volume, operate up to a week or more and drain before refilling. Time saving and economic. Compatible with Dowtherm® A and most other synthetic heat transfer fluids.
* DOWTHERMTM is a trademark of Dow Chemical.
* THERMINOL® is a registered trademark of Eastman Chemical Company.